Sunday, October 20, 2013

Beautiful inside and out - inspiring ladies with silver hair



A few months ago, I started this blog in order to share with like minded people things that inspire me.
In most cases it is the beauty in unexpected places that delights me, the discovery of a story I did not know before.

It is very seldom that I stumble across something that is as beautiful as it is inspiring.
Something that provides an answer to a question we have all been asked when were children:
"What do you want to be when you grow up"

When I saw the 'Fashionistas 2013' video last week, I was inspired and moved by these women.
By their love of life, positive energy and hope.


Before sharing this video with you, a personal note:
This post is in honor of my grandmother, who passed away 16 years ago at the age of 93.
Raised to be a lady, well read and versed in the art of playing the piano and making beautiful embroidery - she had no problem moving to a new country when she was in her sixties, work as a nanny to supplement her meager income and marry when she was well in her seventies.
Her white silver hair, her hugs and smile will stay with me forever.
Thank you grandma, for being you. I love you and I miss you.

...and now, make yourself comfortable, and enjoy!

The Fashionistas

Until next time,
Amy



http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4znrNtLKDE4

No comments:

Post a Comment